7th Grade

Seventh Grade. This is hard. You know I thought that seventh grade was going to be awful. I was so wrong, and so dumb. I cant believe my brother told me about this grade was believed by this extra terrestrial brain of mine. I did though and here is the truth.

First of all I want you to forget everything your friends and siblings tell you, because its all a big lie. The big thing I want to point out is homework. Everyone goes around saying “Oh my god, I like, have so much freakin homework. I had to stay up til like 12:00 trying to finish it, and when I woke the next day it was gone and I like never found it again. Ugg I got like an F on the project.” This is a good example of an excuse a 7th grade student may have, now this is what really happened.

Chances are this student got home and pulled out his homework then decided to go to the bathroom and get a snack, then afterwards he decided to play some videogames, then He had to go out to dinner with his family. Then late at 10:00 he realizes that that paper is sitting there in his room, and he runs up to finish it, then his mom comes up to tell him to go to bed or else, so he is forced to sleep. In the morning he has forgotten about the paper and gets in the bus to go to school. He realizes that he hasn’t done it and decides to throw it away and come up with some lame excuse.

Another thing I want to talk about is bullies. yes they do exist, but they are easily avoided. First of all if you don’t want attention from bullies then don’t present yourself as a target. Don’t where rich people cloths or cloths that don’t suit you, just be casual. Second if you’ve been targeted then just stop complaining and stay away from them. If they come to you just completely ignore them because its not worth your time to listen to some goon go on about how dumb you are or something. Just walk away because they are being ignorant and you are being intelligent.

Don’t feel like this is going to ruin your seventh grade though because seventh grade is really fun especially if your in band. Seventh grade band is the best. Not only do you get to go to six flags but you also get to play much more difficult music not saying its hard but is more fun then jingle bells. I play saxophone and I have improved so much in only two years, and I can’t imagine the skills I will have by the time I’m an adult. I also joined jazz band because I was bored with my other elective and it was such an improvement to my schedule. Join Jazz band it’s great trust me just do it!

Overall, I had a great year and I cant wait for eighth grade.

P.S.
Join Jazz Band!

≈≈≈ ♫
Photo Credit: Elisabeth D’Orcy via Compfight

2 comments

• Hey Ethan! Jazz Band was really fun for me, but I’m not continuing because I think I might want to try other types of subjects. Either was, jazz band was awesome. You should really join if you play an instrument. (Not your Voice)

• The one other piece of advice about bullying I’d add is to let a teacher know what is going on…we want to help!

I’m glad you’ve had a good seventh grade year, Ethan.